Sunday, April 6, 2014

"Feed the Pig"

This month I am organizing a busy bag exchange with some friends and I have been perusing the web looking for ideas. I found an idea for a puff n poke container using those animal cups from the dollar store but I decided to make one for my little bug using an old cream cheese container. I'm choosing a different idea for the exchange though as collecting all those containers might be a pain. The favorite animal right now seems to be pigs.



The face is made from cardstock and laminated for a bit more durability. I used a large circle hole punch for the face, then traced the circle onto the lid with marker. With the tracing as a guide I cut out a small hole in the lid with a small pair of scissors. While I was making the hole in the lid I slipped and cut a slit on one side of the circle but the glue under the pig's face seemed to fix it. I had some extra pink fleece scraps for the ears and around the base of the container. Everything was attached with a strong non-washable fabric glue.


It's a fun simple game and keeps him entertained for 10 minutes while I do some reading practice with older bro. I'm excited to try more fun things at the exchange later this month!



No comments: