Sunday, July 21, 2013

Super capes Tutorial and pattern


My kids have been running around the last few days with the yards of fleece I purchased last fall to make them sweaters with....oops!

They wrap themselves up and pretend they are super agents with super fast and super GEAR powers : ) well at least older bro does but younger bro goes along with it laughing and enjoying himself.

This is one of the capes I created. For the logo I used a combination of fleece and felt, with machine stitching and double sided fusible webbing. You can add the logo before you attached the neckband and straps or afterward if you'd like to check for placement. I included the pattern I created for my 1 & 3 year olds' below.

This is also a cape that doesn't require any machine stitching and can all be done by hand.


Materials you'll need:

1 yd of fleece
cotton fabric for straps
some felt or other material for logo
some ribbon or bias tape for collar
magnets snaps
coordinating thread








Step 3: attach the snaps




Step 4: Make & Attach straps to the cape





Super Gears!












No comments: