Welcome to The Breastfeeding Cafe Carnival!
DAY 6 : Favorite go-to resource
Although I've mentioned it a lot this week, my go to resource is probably
La Leche League.
My local chapter of La Leche League has been my main face-to-face resource. When I was pregnant and looking at tandem nursing it was great to be able to hear the perspective, and experiences of others. Those first few weeks of negotiating tandem feedings were a challenge at times but knowing that I wasn't alone was a big a help.
I was a new mom *again* and I found parenting two to be quite the challenge. My Ergobaby carrier which served me well for my first child was not working with the new baby. He needed to be held but this time around I needed my hands to cook, clean, and play with his older brother. Finally I reached out once again to La Leche League and a generous leader brought all sorts of different carriers for me to try out to the meeting that week. I found one that baby and I both liked, a ring sling in that meeting. I used it successfully for a good long while. I liked the ring sling so much I made myself another using this awesome woman's instructions.
|Wearing the ringsling I purchased from a LLL fundraiser on a hike|
I don't know many people who breastfeed. It Is a really nice thing to know you can call or drop by a meeting and be in good company.
Here are more post by the Breastfeeding Cafe Carnival participants! Check back because more will be added throughout the day.
- Katy @ Mommy News and Views-Helping Other Moms Succeed
- Hailey @ Birth Utah-My Lactation Life Saver
- Sara @ Momzelle-My Lactation Life Saver
- Angelina @ dizzyrat-My Go-to
- Timbra @ Bosoms and Babes-The Breastfeeding Bible
- Claire @ The Adventures of Lactating Girl-The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding
- And of course the guest poster on the Breastfeeding Cafe’s blog today is MelThe La Leche League Resource