Friday, June 28, 2013

Natural sensory boxes

Lately I've been looking up educational materials, and activities. I came across the idea of sensory exploration. I remembered seeing advertisements about this 'sensory learning' on toy packages. At first I was sold, I needed that plastic bin full of plastic tubes, the beads, the sand, the water tables....but then I thought about the concept. Sensory exploration. I realized we get a lot of that here in our home actually. This last month I started snapping photos of the natural sensory exploration we do 

while cooking!    


sorting through chickpeas


cutting carrots for stir-fry
Peeling garlic
 

washing grapes


washing strawberries



1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love that! That is way more fun to feel than tubes and beads! So many textures :)