Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Hanging treat box

Yesterday on the playground I had one of those less-than-perfect-parenting moments. While I was chatting it up with some neighbor ladies my 3 year old walked right in front of the swingset. I hear a cry "look out! Sean!" and see my neighbor running towards the set while I'm standing there looking dumb and her eight year old smashes his feet into the woodchips to stop the progress of his swing. He climbs off the swing rubbing his arm and makes a small comment about his socks being full of splinters then looking quite sorry walks home with his mom. ugh. my bad.

I was very grateful that Sean was looking out for my son and  later in the evening after the kids went to bed I decided to make him a little gift of appreciation. He's always so kind to the younger kids and tries to include them in the older kids' games, I felt so bad he got hurt.

You've got to appreciate the kind thoughtful kids on the playground. They are a rare breed in this town.



I used a 8 1/2" x 11" piece of card stock folded in half. Decorated and hole-punched with a ribbon strung through it and a little note of thanks. A perfect holder for a few fresh chocolate chip cookies.




No comments: